Nutrition and Dietetics for Children
Healthy eating for children and their families.
What we provide:
Our Dietitian can give you professional advice on healthy eating for infants, children and their families. We use individual consultations to discuss your child’s eating concerns, their nutritional needs and to provide ongoing support.
We can help your child with:
- their weight, whether they are underweight or overweight
- fussy or selective eating
- iron deficient anaemia
- vitamin D deficiencies
- food allergies and intolerances including FODMAPs, coeliac disease and gastrointestinal symptoms like irritable bowel, constipation and diarrhoea.
We can offer your family advice about:
- food selection
- shopping, including reading food labels and budgeting
- recipe ideas and modifications.
After receiving support from our Dietitian, parents report that they feel more confident and have more relaxed and positive mealtimes.
Our services are:
- low cost or free
- tailored to children
- part of the holistic children’s health services offered at North Richmond Community Health, including children’s Speech Pathology and children’s Occupational Therapy.
- available in languages other than English.
Your child may be able to access our services through the National Disability Insurance Scheme. Click here to read the eligibility requirements. Talk to our Service Coordination Worker to see if you or a family member is eligible.
Telephone and on-site interpreters can be arranged in any language at no cost to you.
The NDIS can also help pay for services for young children who need help with their health and development. If your child gets this help while they are under six years old, it could mean they need less help later. Find out how we can help your child under the NDIS scheme here.
North Richmond Community Health’s Nutrition and Dietetics service is supported by the Victorian Government.
If you’re a client
If you have a query about our nutrition and dietetics service for children:
(03) 9418 9800
If you’re a health practitioner
Send this completed referral form to our Intake service.
(03) 9418 9965
Send referral letter from your clinician to Intake at:
North Richmond Community Health 23 Lennox St Richmond, VIC 312