Support, information, care and advice for people concerned about diabetes.
What we provide:
Our specialist staff can support you to prevent or delay onset of diabetes, or to understand and manage all types of diabetes in ways that best suit you. We can:
- provide individual appointments, group sessions and home and community visits (in some circumstances)
- help you understand what diabetes means, how it develops and who is at risk
- give support so you can make changes and choices to prevent diabetes or improve control and health
- help you use a blood glucose meter, tablets or injected medication effectively (including adjusting doses, if your doctor agrees)
- assess your diabetes treatment and suggest changes to improve management to your doctor
- work with you in partnership with your GP, specialist doctor or hospital services.
Our services are:
- available in languages other than English.
Priority is given to people living or working in the City of Yarra, but services are available to everyone. We prefer a Medicare referral where possible.
We host support groups in various community languages.
Telephone and on-site interpreters can be arranged in any language at no cost to you.
How to make a referral for a patient
To make a referral for a patient, please complete the Diabetes Education Referral Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions regarding the form, please contact (03) 9418 9800.
North Richmond Community Health’s Diabetes Education service is supported by the Victorian Government.