Nutrition and Dietetics
Achieve your health goals with expert advice and support from our Dietitian.
What we offer:
Our Dietitian can give advice about food and nutrition to help with:
- pre-diabetes – impaired glucose intolerance
- diabetes – type 1 and type 2
- heart disease
- high Blood Pressure
- high cholesterol
- weight loss or weight gain
- managing food allergies and food intolerances, such as coeliac disease and FODMAPS
- loss of appetite
- chewing difficulties
- nutritional deficiencies, such as iron deficiency or anaemia and vitamin D deficiency
- food preparation and cooking
- reading food labels
- clarifying mixed messages from the media.
Our services are:
- low cost or free
- culturally sensitive
- tailored to you and your lifestyle
- available in languages other than English.
Our Dietitian is funded by the Home and Community Care (HACC) program to specifically help groups of people who are often at greater risk of consuming a poor diet. These groups can include:
- frail older people
- adults with intellectual, psychiatric or physical disabilities
- adults in extreme financial hardship who may also be homeless.
You may also be able to access our services through:
- the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS): click here to see the eligibility requirements
- the Commonwealth Home Support Scheme (CHSP): click here to see the eligibility requirements.
Group programs are also offered including supermarket tours, cooking and healthy eating. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutrition and Dietetics for children
We offer nutrition and dietetics services that are specially designed for children. Click here to find out more.
Nutrition and Dietetics for aged care
Find out how our Ageing Well Service team can help with nutrition and dietetics for ageing well. Click here to find out more.
Telephone and on-site interpreters can be arranged in any language at no cost to you.
North Richmond Community Health’s Nutrition and Dietetics service is supported by the Victorian Government.
If you’re a client
If you have a query about our Nutrition and Dietetics service:
(03) 9418 9800
If you’re a health practitioner
(03) 9418 9965
Send referral letter from your clinician to Intake at:
North Richmond Community Health 23 Lennox St Richmond, VIC 3121