Ageing Well Service
Supporting you to age well
The Ageing Well Service (AWS) at North Richmond Community Health (NRCH) provides therapy services to facilitate you to age as well as you can while living at home.
NRCH supports you to age well by encouraging you to continue to participate in activities in your home and community that you enjoy doing and need to do. The AWS also helps you to:
- manage your health conditions
- seek additional supports to remain living at home
- recognise and respond to your health needs.
The AWS is delivered at NRCH individually or as part of a group. Occupational therapy is delivered in your home.
For more information, click on the services below:
Groups in the Ageing Well Service
A group program is on offer to support you to age well. The groups will support you to learn and practice skills that will help improve your health and wellbeing. Groups are also a popular way to connect with other community members. Ask about joining our groups in your next appointment.
Ageing Well Service groups include:
- Chair Based Exercise Group
- Strength for Life
- GLA:D – treatment for people with hip and knee osteoarthritis.
NRCH offers many other groups that are not under the AWS. Learn more about other groups and activities HERE.
You can access Ageing Well Service if you are:
- aged 65 years and over
- aged 50 years and over and identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- aged 50 years and over and are homeless or at risk of homelessness
How to access Ageing Well Service
The Ageing Well Service provides allied health services to people aged 65 and older. To access these services, you are required to first be assessed by My Aged Care.
If you have not been assessed by My Aged Care:
- Book an appointment with your General Practitioner (GP) and ask for a referral to My Aged Care. You will need to discuss with your GP what your problems are. NRCH have experienced, highly skilled male and female general practitioners that can provide referrals. Call (03) 9418 9800 or book online at nrch.com.au/services/doctors ; or
- Contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422; or
- Contact Intake at NRCH on 9418 9965. They can make a referral to My Aged Care based on your problems and the help you need.
If you have already been assessed by My Aged Care, contact Intake at NRCH on 9418 9965 to book an appointment.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria and would like to see one of our allied health practitioners, please contact intake on 9418 9965.
What is My Aged Care?
My Aged Care is a Government organisation that can help you to find information about aged care services and what you need to do to receive them. You can receive a referral from My Aged Care by calling the Contact Centre on 1800 200 422. Make sure you tell the My Aged Care Contact Centre that you would like to receive allied health and therapy services at North Richmond Community Health.
Telephone and on-site interpreters can be arranged in any language at no cost to you.
North Richmond Community Health’s Ageing Well Service is supported by the Victorian Government.