Occupational Therapy for Healthy Aging
Help and advice with day-to-day tasks.
Get strategies and assistance with day-to-day activities including house tasks, transportation and taking care of yourself at home. Our Occupational Therapist will help you to maintain independence and reach your potential in daily activities.
Our Occupational Therapist can offer you advice and help with daily activities including:
- caring for yourself like showering, eating and continence
- tasks around the home like cleaning and meal preparation
- getting around your home like using stairs and getting on and off chairs
- accessing the community like getting to the shops
- managing pain, fatigue and discomfort that limit your activity
- pressure care management
- caring for someone who is frail, aged or disabled.
Our occupational therapist can give advice about :
- day-to-day activities
- pressure care management
- wheelchairs, scooters and other equipment
- funding applications for equipment or home modifications.
Our services are:
- low cost or free
- available in languages other than English.
You can access Healthy Aging Hub services if you are:
- aged 65 years & over
- aged 50 years & over and identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- aged 50 years & over and are homeless or at risk of homelessness
How to access Healthy Aging Hub services
We recommend you book an appointment with your GP and ask for a referral for one of the Healthy Aging Hub services at North Richmond Community Health. North Richmond Community Health have experienced, highly skilled male and female general practitioners that can provide referrals. Please make an appointment by calling (03) 9418 9800 or book online at nrch.com.au/services/doctors
What about My Aged Care?
My Aged Care is a Government organisation that can help you to find information about aged care services and what you need to do to receive them. You can receive a referral from My Aged Care by calling the Contact Centre on 1800 200 422. Make sure you tell the My Aged Care Contact Centre that you would like to receive allied health and therapy services at North Richmond Community Health. For more advice on how to get a referral, call our Healthy Aging Hub
Telephone and on-site interpreters can be arranged in any language at no cost to you.
North Richmond Community Health’s Occupational Therapist service is supported by the Victorian Government.
If you’re a client
If you have a query about our nutrition and dietetics service:
(03) 9418 9800
If you’re a health practitioner
(03) 9418 9965
Send referral letter from your clinician to Intake at:
North Richmond Community Health 23 Lennox St Richmond, VIC 3121