Occupational Therapy for Children
Improve your child’s confidence and abilities.
North Richmond Community Health’s paediatric occupational therapist works with children and their families to develop skills and abilities that improve the child’s ability to take part in activities they want or need to do.
- Assessment and therapy for children from birth – 12 years of age
- Home programs to support the work done in therapy sessions
- Home, school and kindergarten visits as appropriate
- Group programs in school holidays
Our services are:
- free to residents of Yarra
- culturally sensitive
- available in languages other than English
- focused on the goals that are important to you and your child
- compatible with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Arranging Occupational Therapy services
Parents or carers can engage a Paediatric Occupational Therapist for their child directly. The following professionals can also make a referral for our services:
- Maternal and Child Health Nurse
- General Practitioner
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Preschool Field Officer
- other professionals involved in the child’s care.
Children will typically be eligible for services if they demonstrate difficulties in one or more of the following areas:
- fine motor skills
- gross motor skills
- self-care skills
- play skills
- development of drawing, writing and other school readiness skills
- independence in home, kindergarten or school environments.
You may also access Paediatric Occupational Therapy at North Richmond Community Health if your child has an NDIS plan. Click here to see the eligibility requirements.
Telephone and on-site interpreters can be arranged in any language at no cost to you.
The NDIS can also help pay for services for young children who need help with their health and development. If your child gets this help while they are under six years old, it could mean they need less help later.Find out how we can help your child under the NDIS scheme here.
North Richmond Community Health’s Occupational Therapy service is supported by the Victorian Government.
If you’re a client
If you have a query about our nutrition and dietetics service for children:
(03) 9418 9800
If you’re a health practitioner
Send this completed referral form to our Intake service.
(03) 9418 9965
Send referral letter from your clinician to Intake at:
North Richmond Community Health 23 Lennox St Richmond, VIC 312
Mai aims to support children and their families to participate in meaningful occupation and work towards their goals through a strength-based approach. Mai enjoys collaborating with a child’s support network to implement evidence-based strategies to support learning and engagement in daily life that are both realistic for the family and fun for the child.
Mai enjoys working in the community in both individual and group based settings to work towards building a child’s independence. Mai has a particular interest in areas such as emotional regulation, motor skill development and behaviour.