Counselling and Casework
Talk through personal issues with a trained professional and get support with practical tasks for your wellbeing.
What is counselling?
What is casework?
In Casework we help you with practical tasks, such as filling out forms and other paperwork. We help you with tasks that will improve your everyday needs.
What we provide:
- short and medium term counselling (this can be reviewed and extended depending on your needs)
- casework support
- telehealth and face to face
- LGBTQIA+ support
- weekly duty sessions – short term needs (e.g. form filling, referral and information, etc)
- counselling for children – 2 days per week at Richmond West Primary School (RWPS)
- Free telephone and on-site interpreters available in any language.
Sessions can involve:
- general counselling and casework services
- finding health, housing and income support and other services
- support for people recovering from family violence
- finding group work programs and links to community support
- support for children and young adults.
- are free
- are confidential
- are culturally sensitive
- can be provided in your first language.
We deliver groups on wellbeing and social topics that help our community, such as:
- Women’s Group
To register for a group please contact Nazik Nasser on 9418 9975 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Duty Social Appointments
We offer weekly Duty Social Appointments to help you fill out forms, connect with other support services and more. These appointments help with one-off or short-term support needs.
To ask about the next available Duty Social Appointment, please call our intake service on (03) 9418 9965.
North Richmond Community Health’s Counselling and Casework service is supported by the Victorian Government.
How to access our services
In person: Speak to our reception staff at 23 Lennox Street, Richmond, 3121
Phone: Intake Service 03 9418 9965
Mail: Send referral form to Intake Service at North Richmond Community Health, 23 Lennox Street Richmond, VIC 3121
How to book a Duty Social Appointment
Phone: Intake Service (03) 9418 9965
In person: Speak to our reception staff at 23 Lennox Street, Richmond, VIC 3121