Immunisations saves lives!
World Immunisation Week (24 – 30 April) is a global health campaign supported by World Health Organisation to highlight the importance of vaccines to protect people of all ages against disease.
This campaign has come at such an important time, especially as COVID-19 has interrupted essential health services including routine immunisations, meaning many people are missing out on the important vaccinations that prevent them from various diseases.
North Richmond Community Health (NRCH) will be supporting World Immunisation Week by engaging with our community in several ways:
- roving immunisation mascot to engage with community members
- sharing information on immunisations through brochures, fact sheets, posters, NRCH social media platforms and;
- a podcast episode on World Immunisation Week featuring our clinical team and a Vox Pop with community members will soon be published on NRCH’s Podcast. Stay tuned!
This week has provided an opportunity for NRCH to support our community on catching up on those routine vaccinations and to highlight the importance of vaccinations that can prevent many diseases.
At NRCH, we offer a range of immunisation programs:
- The National Immunisation Program for children, young people, and adults
- COVID-19 vaccinations
- The flu vaccination program
- Catch up vaccinations for refugees and asylum seekers
Get immunised at NRCH (23 Lennox St, Richmond VIC 3121) on the first Wednesday of each month. Upcoming sessions:
🟠 Wednesday 4 May | 9:30 am – 11:30 am
🟠 Wednesday 1 June | 9:30 am – 11:30 am