Live with safety, well-being and independence.
What we provide:
If you are aged, have an illness or a disability, our Occupational Therapist will work with you to improve and maintain your quality of life. We offer specialised services for both children and adults, and can help you improve your abilities around:
- caring for yourself (such as showering, dressing, grooming, eating, drinking or going to the toilet)
- home care (such as cleaning, preparing a meal, laundry and gardening)
- moving about safely
- participating in employment, community, recreational and leisure activities.
- home visits
- recommendations for home modifications
- advice and assessment for equipment like scooters and wheelchairs
- support and information for family members
- assistance accessing other health services.
Our services are:
- customised to your needs
- friendly and supportive
- available in languages other than English
Our Occupational Therapy services are available for adults who are eligible for one of the following funding sources:
- Home and Community Care (HACC): click here to see the eligibility requirements
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS): click here to see the eligibility requirements
- Commonwealth Home Support Scheme (CHSP) or My Aged Care: click here to see the eligibility requirements.
Occupational Therapy for children
We offer occupational therapy services that are designed for children. Click here to find out more.
Occupational Therapy for aged care
Find out how our Healthy Aging Hub team can help with occupational therapy for healthy aging. Click here to find out more.
Telephone and on-site interpreters can be arranged in any language at no cost to you.
North Richmond Community Health’s Occupational Therapy service is supported by the Victorian Government.
If you’re a client
If you have a query about our nutrition and dietetics service:
(03) 9418 9800
If you’re a health practitioner
(03) 9418 9965
Send referral letter from your clinician to Intake at:
North Richmond Community Health 23 Lennox St Richmond, VIC 3121
Justine Loughran is North Richmond Community Health’s resident Occupational Therapist. She helps promote independence for people who, due to illness, disability or the effects of aging are having difficulty participating in their everyday activities.
Justine can make home modifications and equipment recommendations, modify tasks to suit you, assess your motorised scooter or wheelchair and help you prevent falls. She can also help you find ways to participate in the community and activities, to enjoy a better quality of life.
Justine joined North Richmond Community Health in September 2017, and has previously worked as an Occupational Therapist at Scope Australia and Star Health/Launch Housing. She became an Occupational Therapist to work with people in their communities and help solve problems.