Next week is the start of 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence, an annual campaign which runs from 25 November (International Day for Elimination of Violence Against Women) to 10 December (Human Rights Day). The 16 Days campaign calls on everyone to address the gender inequalities and end violence against women and girls.
At North Richmond Community Health (NRCH) we believe everyone has the right to feel equal, safe, and respected. Over the 16 days, we encourage members of our community to think about what respect looks like to you and think of everyday actions we can all take to be part of ending gender-based violence and building a gender-equitable, safe and respectful community for all.
Family violence occurs everywhere, but rates are much higher in our region compared to the Victorian average. NRCH is committed to ending family violence, which is why we, along with 21 other local organisations, are part of the Building a Respectful Community Partnership. This partnership’s goal is the prevention of gender-based violence and building a gender-equitable, safe and respectful community. Learn more about this partnership here.
On Tuesday 5 December, we will be holding our annual Walk Against Family Violence event. Please join us:
When: Tuesday 5 December | 11:30 am-1:30 pm
Where: Meet at the front of NRCH, 23 Lennox St, Richmond, 3121
- 11:30 am – Welcome to Country and guest speakers
- 12 pm – Walk to Citizens Park (see map of walking route)
- 12:30 pm – A delicious lunch thanks to the amazing Cultural Catering team
What to wear:
- Please wear ORANGE – this bright and optimistic colour represents a future free from violence against women and girls.
- Please wear a hat and sunscreen
- Download event poster.
- Download the Walking Route map.
- Email signature (add this image to your email signature to show your support. Right-click and ‘copy’ and ‘paste’ below your signature in your email)
We will be sharing updates and other local activities and events across the 16 days on our social media platforms. Follow us to stay up to date: