Physical distancing measures at NRCH
North Richmond Community Health (NRCH) is implementing new and stricter rules on physical distancing consistent with directives from the Victorian Government in recent days.
In line with these directives, our facilities remain open to deliver essential health services to the community.
We are requiring all visitors to adhere to the following physical distancing measures:
- no more than 1 person for every 4 square metres of space
- don’t be closer than 1.5 metres from another person
In order to enforce these distancing requirements, we have:
- limited visitors coming into the building to 1 visitor/carer per client
- spread out the seating in our waiting rooms
- marked out 1.5 metre distances on our floors at our receptions
- installed highly visible signage that outlines the new requirements and COVID-19 health information
- limited our café service to takeaway only
- closed the back entrance to our building
- begun temperature checking clients before they enter the front entrance of the building as a precaution.
In addition, we are strictly enforcing physical distance for all MSIR clients within the injecting facility.
Further health and safety actions
As advised by the Victorian Government, we have taken the following actions to reduce the risk of transmission of coronavirus by:
- purchasing supplies to help limit infection, for example, alcohol sanitisers and soap
- providing and promoted sanitisers for use on entering our buildings
- increasing our environmental cleaning
- cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces regularly, including desks and keyboards
- promoting preventive actions amongst our staff
- ensuring the highest hygiene practices in the café
- avoiding large indoor meetings
- actively encouraging sick employees to stay home
- planning for what to do if staff arrive sick at work
- displaying education materials that can be downloaded and printed from our coronavirus website section
- keeping our staff informed of the actions we are taking
- cancelling all staff work related travel
- encouraging flexible working arrangements, including working from home for staff where this is possible
We are proactively working with Victoria Police to help implement physical distancing measures in the perimeter of NRCH. Our security staff are assisting in this effort where appropriate to do so.
If further measures are needed to protect the local community and prevent the spread of COVID-19 we will take them.